From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AMD64 problem. (Partly SOLVED)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 03:57:58
1 On 11/20/06, Chris Walters <cjw2004d@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > First, thanks for taking the time to help me. Second, I am sorry to
3 > report that even though I compiled a new kernel with all those options,
4 > as you suggested, I am getting the same error - exactly the same one. I
5 > am thinking one of two things: 1. There is still something I need in my
6 > kernel that isn't there. 2. I need to change the "root=" line, or 3.
7 > Something I haven't thought of yet.
8
9 Ok, sorry that idea didn't work.
10
11 The only other thing I can think of to try is change root=/dev/sda3.
12 If for some reason the USB storage stuff initialized before the SATA
13 system, then the USB drive would become sda and the SATA drive sdb.
14 This doesn't happen on my system, but it should show up in the kernel
15 messages above the error, so I guess check there to make sure things
16 seem sane.
17
18 -Richard
19 --