From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: help
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:04:44
1 On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Stroller
2 <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >
4 > On 29 Mar 2010, at 13:22, Dale wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> ...
7 >>> Filling bug reports is important. I filled over 50 on b.g.o this year
8 >>> alone. All of them are version bumps or bad homepages. Some programs haven't
9 >>> been bumped for 5 years.
10 >>
11 >> That is true but I don't have a account there. Someone else does so they
12 >> filed it for me. I don't guess it matters who files it as long as it is
13 >> filed.
14 >
15 > It's helpful if you can subscribe to email updates, and help test when
16 > revisions are available.
17 >
18 > Sometimes an ebuild is posted to as an attachment to the bug - you download
19 > it and add it to your local overlay. Thus you may get the updated version
20 > before it's available in the Portage tree (some ebuilds are attached to bugs
21 > for packages which never become accepted) and you can at least add a "works
22 > for me" comment and encourage the devs by remarking how useful it is to you.
23
24 And even if you've got nothing new to contribute to the problem, you
25 can vote for bugs that are important to you.