From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Document management solution [possibly a bit off-topic...]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:07:20
1 On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Steve [Gentoo] wrote:
2
3 > Alfresco is what I'd have called a content management system - as
4 > opposed to a document management system. I'm interested in managing
5 > archives of documents I have received from other people (in dead-tree
6 > format)...
7
8 If there was something that scanned the document, performed OCR on it,
9 checked the OCR output and then built an electronic repository for you I'd
10 recommend it. Until then, Alfresco is the closest thing Ive seen that is
11 open source. If you're willing to do your own scanning and OCR'ing then it
12 will do the rest.
13
14 BTW, I would call things like Mambo or Xaraya, content-management tools -
15 Alfresco is a slightly different kettle of fish.
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list