From: Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How does ssh know to use "pinentry"?
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 03:42:56
1 On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 7:57 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 > In any case, I suspect that gpg-agent is actually serving passwords to
3 > openssh, so the file you want is ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf - it probably
4 > contains the line "pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry". If you trust
5 > all your X clients you can set the option no-grab in the file which
6 > will probably allow copy/paste/etc to work with the entry window.
7
8 Rich,
9
10 Thank you, I will give that a shot. FYI I discovered:
11
12 declare -x GPG_AGENT_INFO="/tmp/gpg-2uVMfE/S.gpg-agent:26095:1"
13
14 When I unset this env variable, ssh stopped trying to use pinentry to
15 acquire my passphrase. However, I still do not understand how that
16 variable got set or how/why ssh behaves differently when it is set.
17
18 Chris