From: Izar Ilun <izarilun@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No direct rendering with ATI Radeon 7000/VE
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 12:38:35
1 Solved. http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_DRI_with_ATi_Open-Source_Drivers
2
3 On 3/1/06, Ibai <ibaiperez@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > Unfortunatelly, and new to this mailing list and have received only 300
6 > posts more or less.
7 >
8 > Well, I'm back with fresh info in few minutes.
9 >
10 > On 3/1/06, Bo Andresen <bo.andresen@×××××.com> wrote:
11 > >
12 > > On Wednesday 01 March 2006 11:33, Izar Ilun wrote:
13 > > > Well, I've already posted this
14 > > > here<http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-438630.html>but as I get no
15 > > > answers I ask you for desperated help.
16 > > >
17 > > > Consider that I want/need to use Kernel's free ATI drivers and nothing
18 > >
19 > > > more, is it possible to get direct rendering that way? How can I do
20 > > it?
21 > > >
22 > > > Any idea little idea will be very appreciated. Thanx in advance!
23 > > >
24 > > > P.D: If you need more info, ask for it please! ;-)
25 > >
26 > > Could you post output of:
27 > >
28 > > # lsmod | grep 'drm\|agp\|rad'
29 > >
30 > > # zcat /proc/config.gz | grep MTRR
31 > >
32 > > # lspci | grep -i radeon
33 > >
34 > > You should be able to find som info about the problem in the log
35 > > in /var/log/Xorg.0.log too. Perhaps y could post what you think is
36 > > relevant.
37 > > Also I should mention that there have been several threads on this on
38 > > this
39 > > mailing list.
40 > >
41 > > --