From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Is sound broken?
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 15:22:42
1 Hi list,
2
3 Today after I had my system down for its weekly backup, on restarting KDE
4 (phonon) said some internal devices had been removed, in particular the
5 default device. And indeed I had no sound. This was with kernel 3.10.7 driving
6 the on-board Intel HDA audio. The kernel module snd_hda_intel had been loaded.
7
8 On rebooting the previous kernel, 3.8.13, sound worked OK but KDE said it had
9 noticed some other devices missing - presumably some that had been found by
10 kernel 3.10.7.
11
12 I've made the kernel configs the same as regards sound, but still I get sound
13 from 3.8.13 but not from 3.10.7. The kernel change-log hasn't helped either.
14
15 Anyone have a clue to offer?
18 Regards,
19 Peter