From: du yang <duyang.seu@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] InitRAMFS - boot expert sought
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 05:48:35
1 On Tuesday 03/27/12 21:19:00 CST, Mike Edenfield wrote:
2 > On 3/27/2012 6:36 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I've been looking for simple method to create a simple
6 > > initramfs to just mount the /usr partition.
7 > >
8 > > I've found
9 > > http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Basic_initramfs_used_to_check_and_mount_/usr
10 >
11 > If this is all you need, I recommend you use dracut. The
12 > default installation (no use-flags or optional modules) will
13 > product an initramfs that loads whatever you current rootfs
14 > and /usr partitions are.
15 >
16 > I've been working on updating the wiki with more detailed
17 > instructions; for your case what's there now ought to be plenty:
18 >
19 > http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Dracut
22 This guide looks a bit more simple.
23
24 It doesn't need any other tools except some basic commands.
25
26 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Initramfs
29 oooO:::::::::
31 :\.(:::Oooo::