From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Compositing too slow in KDE
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 19:06:22
1 On Saturday 19 March 2011 23:02:11 Jorge Martínez López wrote:
2 > I also have an ATI card and I do suffer the slow compositing. I solved
3 > it by switching back to the classic Mesa (instead of Gallium).
4
5 Thanks Jorge,
6
7 I switched to classic too and now it does not crash - however:
8
9 1. When I start kde compositing is disabled.
10
11 2. If I click on Resume Compositing, then the first time I try it I get a
12 notification saying: "Compositing has been suspended by another application"
13 and it remains disabled.
14
15 3. The second time I try to resume compositing it works!
16
17 4. If at that stage I exit/restart KDE compositing is disabled again ... o_O
18
19 Why is this happening? What other application is clashing or causing
20 compositing not to take?
21 --
22 Regards,
23 Mick