From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A helping hand with virtual machines, please.
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 19:41:08
1 On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi, Gentoo.
3 >
4 > A friend of mine recently suggested I should install and play with
5 > virtual machines on my Gentoo.
6 >
7 > I've scanned /usr/portage for likely looking packages, particularly in
8 > directory "virtual", yet found nothing likely looking.
9 >
10 > Would somebody please give me some hints which packages I should be
11 > looking at, and perhaps any use flags I might need.
12 >
13 > TVM
14 >
15 > --
16 > Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).
20 The two biggies are VMware (closed source) and Virtualbox. (Open
21 Source) I use both but am slowly leaving VMware behind.
22
23 There are others I've never used like kvm, xen, qemu.
24
25 HTH,
26 Mark