From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Finding old files
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 05:32:22
1 On 2010-11-20, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Friday 19 November 2010 17:53:31 Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> On 2010-11-19, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
4 >
5 >> What different behavior?
6 >
7 > As I said, from the command line ls shows the year for any file more than
8 > 12 months old, in place of the time. When executed from find it doesn't.
9
10 I don't see any difference when I do it. Can you post a shell script
11 that shows the two different behaviors?
12
13 >> That ls command doesn't work from the command line either:
14 > ...
15 >> I think what you intended was
16 >>
17 >> $ ls -cdl --time-style=full-iso foo
18 >
19 > You're right. I pasted the wrong command in - sorry.
20 >
21 >> Note that your "cut" doesn't work right for filenames that contain
22 >> spaces...
23 >
24 > I don't allow such files on my systems. Even if I did, in this case I'd
25 > spot the error when it happened (I hope).
28 Grant