From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo rocks
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 06:31:16
1 On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 07:45:38AM -0400, Philip Webb wrote
2
3 > Back in autumn 2003, I had built my 2nd machine & planned to install
4 > Mandrake, but its new version was delayed -- a fairly normal
5 > occurence -- & after having no joy with Slackware & IIRC Suse,
6 > I thought "Why not try that new distro everyone's talking about ? "
7
8 One year before me. My first post to the list was Nov 1st, 2004
9
10 https://lists.gt.net/gentoo/user/72558#72558
11
12 I was using CRUX linux at that time. That was good, because I had
13 learned how to configure the kernel for CRUX. One less new item for me
14 to learn.
17 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
18 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications