From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Linksys router BEFSR41 loosing internet
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 00:18:26
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 12/17/2010 12:31 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I bought this router the other day. I notice something that is a
6 >> little weird. When I first wake up and try to check my email, the
7 >> internet is dead. The light on my DSL modem is red and Seamonkey
8 >> can't check my email or load a webpage. If I unplug the
9 >> router then plug it back up, it works fine. It seems that after a
10 >> while the router cuts off the internet for some reason.
11 >>
12 >> I need the internet to stay alive even when I am asleep. I run
13 >> folding and it sends data without asking me and some other stuff is
14 >> running as well. I have looked in the settings of the router but I
15 >> don't see anything that will change this. Am I missing
16 >> something? Is this normal? I used a router once before and I don't
17 >> remember this being a issue.
18 >>
19 >> I also updated the firmware and it still does it. Feature? Wrong
20 >> setting? Router broke?
21 >
22 > I've had experience with only two DSL routers, but they both have a
23 > settable
24 > timer which shuts down the connection after N minutes of inactivity. I'm
25 > guessing that yours has a similar adjustment, but dunno for sure.
29 I called myself looking for something like that but I can't find it if
30 it is in there. It is annoying. It would be OK if when I wanted to go
31 to a url, check my email or folding wanted to send in data, that it
32 would start back up. Thing is, I have to restart the router to get it
33 to work. I mean actually unplug the power and then plug it back in.
34
35 I'll be looking some more but not sure where else to look. I'm hoping
36 for ideas.
37
38 Dale
39