From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help finding a tv tuner card's chipset
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:40:38
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:59:18 +0100 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
4 wrote:
5
6 > On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 01:00:33 -0500, forgottenwizard wrote:
7 >
8 > > BTW, if anyone knows of a cheap tuner card (<50US preferably) that
9 > > is decent and works with either PCI/USB/AGP, I would love to know.
10 >
11 > Analogue or DVB? I've used a Freecom DVB dongle with Gentoo (amd64 and
12 > ppc) and it worked well. For a cheap PCI card, the KWorld cards are
13 > decent.
14
15 Just a short warning: The US standards are a bit different... (but
16 KWorld has ATSC equipment, too, not just DVB).
17
18 And if commercial HDTV is to be received, special care has to be taken
19 that everything is HDMI compliant -- I think there are only hardware
20 based solutions to this problem, and it certainly won't be cheap -- at
21 least not <50USD, I think...
22
23 -hwh
24 --