From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Webcam ? Help me please...
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 11:40:02
1 On Samstag 25 Juli 2009, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Manuel Fiorelli <manuel.fiorelli@×××××.com> [09-07-25 12:16]:
3 > > 2009/7/25 <meino.cramer@×××.de>:
4 > > > ...the only thing I need is an application to make
5 > > > the video visible and which allows me to save the
6 > > > video and an application to control the
7 > > > cameras features.
8 > >
9 > > I use "cheese", which let you take photos and videos. Under the menu
10 > > "Edit/Preferences" I can customize the resolution.
11 > >
12 > > Manuel Fiorelli
13 >
14 > Hi Manuel.
15 >
16 > sounds good! Thanks for the hint. But,....
19 > I installed cheese without complains of the compile process.
20 > But starting cheese produces:
21 >
22 > solfire:/home/mccramer>cheese
23 > cheese: error while loading shared libraries: libplc4.so.7: cannot open
24 > shared object file: No such file or directory
25 >
26 > And ldd /usr/bin/cheese produces beside other things:
27 >
28 > libplc4.so.7 => not found
29 > libplds4.so.7 => not found
30 > libnspr4.so.7 => not found
31 > libplc4.so.7 => not found
32 > libplds4.so.7 => not found
33 > libnspr4.so.7 => not found
34 > libplc4.so.7 => not found
35 > libplds4.so.7 => not found
36 > libnspr4.so.7 => not found
37 > libplc4.so.7 => not found
38 > libplds4.so.7 => not found
39 > libnspr4.so.7 => not found
42 > Further investigations shows, that instead the *7* version of
43 > that libs the *8* versions are installed on my box?
44 >
45 > qsearch libplc
46 > or
47 > qsearch plc
50 > doesnt produce anything meaningful.
51 >
52 > /usr/lib/nspr, where libplc is located, is in /etc/ld.so.conf.
53 >
54 > Lost?
55 >
56 > mcc
57
58 you updated firefox and xulrunner, correct?
59
60 rebuild nss and nspr ;)