From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What is starting net.eth1 [not in rc-update]
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:39:11
1 I don't have an entry for net.eth1 in rc-update show
2
3 I don't have any mention of eth1 in /etc/conf.d/net
4 (only eth0)
5
6 Nonetheless something continues to try to start net.eth1 during boot.
7 What else controls that? If its not in rc-update or /etc/conf.d/net
8 it shouldn't happen.
9
10 I have a few other boot problems...I'm not sure where they arise from.
11
12 hwclock is meddling about during shutdown.
13 Again, it isn't shown in rc-update
14 and /etc/conf.d/hwclock has this in it:
15
16 # If you want to set the Hardware Clock to the current System Time
17 # during shutdown, then say "YES" here. You normally don't need to
18 # do this if you run a ntp daemon.
19 clock_systohc="NO"
20
21 Still, on a shutdown I can't get past this output:
22
23 hwclock waiting for localmount
24 (Over and over)
25
26 I have to hit a manual reset on the computer to get past
27 hwclock waiting for localmount
28
29 Also klogd cannot be stopped by reboot or shutdown. But at least,
30 unlike hwclock, after a pause the shutdown proceeds anyway.
31
32 eix -Ic openrc
33 sys-apps/openrc (0.4.1@12/25/08): OpenRC manages the services, startup
34 and shutdown of a host