From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange equery behavior when piping output
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 21:07:51
1 I don't know when this started. I don't remember it behaving this way,
2 in any event. When piping the output of "equery uses", all descriptions
3 disappear. Example:
6 $ equery uses app-misc/mc
7 [ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
8 [ : I - package is installed with flag ]
9 [ Colors : set, unset ]
10 * Found these USE flags for app-misc/mc-4.8.13-r1:
11 U I
12 + + X : Add support for X11
13 + + edit : Compile and install the mcedit application
14 + + gpm : Add support for sys-libs/gpm (Console-based mouse driver)
15 [...]
18 But when piping:
21 $ equery uses app-misc/mc | more
22 +X
23 +edit
24 +gpm
25 [...]
28 Case in point:
29
30 $ equery uses app-misc/mc | grep gpm
31 +gpm
34 What I want (and I think was getting in the past):
37 $ equery uses app-misc/mc | grep gpm
38 + + gpm : Add support for sys-libs/gpm (Console-based mouse driver)
41 What happened? And how do I get the correct behavior back?