From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How do I change an X keyboard layout?
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 15:50:18
1 Hello, Gentoo.
2
3 The two keyboard layouts I use in XFCE are both fine and dandy, but they
4 are incomplete. In particular, I want the key combination
5 <Ctrl><Alt><shift><F1> to take me to tty13 in the same way that
6 <Ctrl><Alt><F1> takes me to tty1.
7
8 I've been searching for _hours_ trying to find out how to do this. I
9 cannot find the keyboard layouts anywhere under /usr/share, where one
10 might expect them. I can't find any relevant programs to manipulate
11 these data files with, even if I could find them.
12
13 Would somebody help me please. Where are the X keyboard layouts stored,
14 and what program to I need to enhance them?
15
16 TIA!
19 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).