From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recovering MySQL Database from EXT4 Formatted Hard Disk ...
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 11:03:32
1 On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Christopher Kurtis Koeber
2 <ckoeber@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > I am trying to recover MySQL databases (which were properly shut down) from
6 > an EXT4 formatted hard disk.
7
8 What happened to require the recovery? Which parts of the database
9 server shut down properly, and which didn't?
10
11 > I loaded the SystemRescueCD distro that you can
12 > get online and when running TestDisk I can see the partitions but I cannot
13 > recover said partitions because it tells me the structure is bad (any
14 > options here, by the way?)
15
16 What kind of partition table was it?
19 > With PhotoRec, I can recover parts of the MySQL Database but I cannot get
20 > the important *.MYD files because I guess PhotoRec doesn't have the
21 > signatures for that type of file.
22 >
23 > So, any options I have at this point?
24
25 Probably.
28 > Thank you for your time.
34 :wq