From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: how thorough is #emerge --sync?
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 05:39:48
1 · maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>:
2
3 > Hello group,
4 >
5 > I recently sync'ed portage, but when I did #emerge
6 > digg2ogg it installed version 0.8 which is way out of
7 > date.
8
9 There is no digg2ogg in the tree.
10
11 > I thought sync was supposed to "prime" portage to get
12 > the latest versions of software when needed.
13
14 Yes.
15
16 > Perhaps I should be adding more? Replace with
17 > something else?
18
19 Well, how about reading docs?
20
21 You added an overlay and in this overlay, there's digg2ogg.
22 You tend to forget quite quickly, what you did, don't you? :)
23
24 Alexander Skwar
25 --
26 How many hardware guys does it take to change a light bulb?
27
28 "Well the diagnostics say it's fine buddy, so it's a software problem."
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list