From: jdm <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] AMDGPU
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 21:39:30
1 Hi,
2
3 Just followed the amdgpu wiki guide to get my new graphics card up and
4 running. Excellent wiki guide and had no issues. Now running with
5 shiny graphics and throwing all that Steam has to offer at it.
6
7 Many Thanks to the wiki authors.
8
9 Will we always have to include binary blobs into the kernel for AMD
10 cards? This feels kind of odd for me so wondering if this will be
11 included as a package or a kernel driver at some point or what the
12 future direction is for AMD graphics with Linux.
13
14 It may not be alien but not done this before so curious.
15
16 John