From: Redouane Boumghar <redouane.boumghar@×××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MAJOR udev problem, PLEASE help
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 16:00:28
1 Hello Trenton,
2
3 Ok it's been a month since this thread but...
4 I found myself too oftenly in front of unsolved archived threads.
5
6 Did you recompile your kernel with udev support ?
7
8 I had a similar problem with a PCMCIA ethernet card while turning my system to udev.
9 I recompiled my kernel with the same options and adding udev support and it worked
10 smoothly (even had a shorter boot time :-) )
11
12 Check Code Listing 2.2 in :
13 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/udev-guide.xml
14
15 #############################
16 # General setup --->
17 # [*] Support for hot-pluggable devices
18 #
19 # File systems --->
20 # Pseudo filesystems --->
21 # [*] /proc file system support
22 # [*] Virtual memory file system support (former shm fs)
23 #############################
24
25 Trenton Adams wrote:
26 > I have an ethernet controller that worked until I updated my udev to
27 > the latest version.
30 Regards,
33 Redouane BOUMGHAR
34 Physics, Remote Sensing and Digital Imagery Engineer
35
36 ---
37 The biggest mountain can fear the slow man.
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list