From: mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Vcore unstable?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 23:50:47
1 i have a machine i just put lm sensors etc. on.  xsensors shows "Vcore" fluctuating between 1.12 and 1.3v.  stays at 1.12V when idling but increases with load.  Is this remotely normal behavior for an athlon chip in a desk top?  It's either some sort of throttling or the Vcore power supply is failing, obviously i'd like to know which.  If it's the power supply i can likely fix it if it needs to be fixed.  Also occurs to me that xsensors could be usefull tracking down intermittent issues.  I used it to monitor a power supply i wasn't sure about for about a week and it stayed nice.
2
3 mad.scientist.at.large (a good madscientist)