From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to increase console (text) screen resolution
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 23:54:51
1 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
4 >> What is the simplest way to get a higher resolution screen when
5 >> booting gentoo into console mode?
6 >>
7 >> I used to have something in /boot/grub/grub.conf that did that but I
8 >> have forgotten the full syntax.  My best guess is:
9 >>    [...] vga=0x31a video=vesafb:mtrr,ywrap
10 >> on kernel line.
11 >>
12 >> With that in place, at bootup the terminal expands to a (quite a lot)
13 >> bigger size, but it's only momentary and then right back down to what
14 >> is I guess default.
15
16 [...]
17
18 > See if you have /etc/init.d/consolefont running at startup, it may be
19 > changing your font from the one you see initially.
20
21 No, it doesn't appear at all in rc-update output. What I actually see
22 happen as boot starts is the vbox window expands quickly to about 3-4
23 times its original size, then after only a moment it drops back to its
24 original size. Like a resolution is tried and dropped.