From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Bash programmable completion
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 00:43:31
1 I am trying out programmable completion following the tab completion
2 TIP at gentoo-wiki:
3 http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_TAB-completion
4 Things mostly work as expected.
5
6 I also turned on programmable completion for bash using
7 shopt -s progcomp
8
9 My question: how does the tab completion determine "suitable
10 filetypes"?
11
12 for example:
13
14 [07:32 PM]wwong TESTaudio $ ls
15 test test.m4v test.mpg test.pl test.sh test.wav
16 test.jpg test.mp3 test.pdf test.ps test.txt
17 [07:32 PM]wwong TESTaudio $ vim test
18 test test.pdf test.ps test.txt
19 test.m4v test.pl test.sh test.wav
20 [07:32 PM]wwong TESTaudio $ mplayer test.
21 test.mp3 test.mpg test.ps test.wav
22 [07:32 PM]wwong TESTaudio $ gv test.p
23 test.pdf test.ps
24 [07:32 PM]wwong TESTaudio $ acroread test.pdf
25 [07:32 PM]wwong TESTaudio $ qiv test.jpg
26
27 I hit double tab after the vim, mplayer, and gv commands, and single
28 tab after acroread and qiv.
29
30 For example, I want to also make mplayer be associated to m4v, a format
31 it can play, and not ps, a format I doubt mplayer deals with.
32
33 Does anyone know how to make that association?
34
35 W
36 --
37 So this neutron walks into a bar, orders a pint of lager and begins to
38 open his wallet when the barman says, "For you, no charge!"
39 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 47 days, 16:49
40 --
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list