From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 300GB Hard drive& kernel 2.4.28
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:11:16
1 On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 04:28:57PM -0500, Chris Bruyere wrote:
2 > My server has a 2.4.28 kernel and I would like to
3 > install a 300GB hard drive.
4 >
5 > I can 'see' it in BIOS and can fdisk it, but when I
6 > mount it, I get an error message like:
7 > "can't mount /dev/hdd2 bad superblock ...." (Exact
8 > error message can be posted if req'd).
9 >
10 > It is possible to use this HD w/out a Ultra ATA 133
11 > PCI card?
14 Yes. Make sure your kernel has the LBA48 patch (I can't imagine why it
15 shouldn't... even 2.2.26 has it...)
16
17 For the record, I have a 160G harddrive which the manufacturer said
18 won't work without a Ultra ATA 133 card--it works just fine without in
19 my box.
20
21 So your error is most likely something else. Perhaps post exact error
22 message?
23
24 W
25 --
26 "As he came into the light they could see his black and
27 gold uniform on which the buttons were so highly polished
28 that they shone with an intensity that would have made an
29 approaching motorist flash his lights in annoyance. "
30 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 2 days, 14:22
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list