From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] issues.
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 20:15:43
1 On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 11:20:20 -0400, Alan Grimes wrote:
2
3 > 1. Grub2 menu DOES NOT ACCEPT KEYBOARD INPUT!
4 >
5 > -- Upgraded my ram to 64gb, couldn't run memtest because grub2 is
6 > broken.
7
8 Try toggling the legacy USB setting in BIOS.
11 > 2. My current combination of Linux-Headers-5.2, kernel 5.2 and nvidia
12 > drivers is UNSTABLE and crashes X11 to command line when the steam
13 > client updates itself, breaking my long running number theory code, lost
14 > about 2 days of work so far.
15
16 Can't you run the code in screen or tmux?
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call
23 this their point of view.
24 -- Albert Einstein