From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Shorewall6 kernel config
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 12:42:33
1 Afternoon all,
2
3 I did have IPv6 running on my LAN, but then I dropped it while bug-hunting.
4 Now I'd like to put it up again, but I'm falling at the first hurdle.
5
6 # shorewall6 check
7 Checking using Shorewall 5.2.3.7...
8 Processing /etc/shorewall6/params ...
9 Processing /etc/shorewall6/shorewall6.conf...
11 ERROR: Your kernel/iptables do not include state match support. No version
12 of Shorewall will run on this system /usr/share/shorewall6/helpers (EOF)
13
14 Shorewall refuses to specify which state is not being matched, and I can't find
15 anything useful in my kernel config (gentoo-sources-5.4.28). The shorewall
16 website is no help - it even announces that its kernel config page is not
17 maintained - and google doesn't help either.
18
19 Can anyone point me in the right direction?
22 Regards,
23 Peter.