From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: which package contains latex stmaryrd.sty
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 13:53:32
1 ABCD wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
6 >> On Wednesday 08 April 2009 22:17:17 Valmor de Almeida wrote:
7 >>> Hello,
8 >>>
9 >>> Would anyone know which portage package would install the stmaryrd fonts?
10 >> It's tetex.
11 >
12 > No, it isn't. teTeX is obsolete, and should not be used. If you have
13 > it installed, and have synced recently, you should have gotten a notice
14 > saying to switch to TeXLive:
15 >
16 > teTeX is obsolete and has been unsupported upstream since May of
17 > 2006. All users who still have teTeX installed should uninstall it
18 > and install TeXLive using the upgrade guide accessible at the
19 > following URL:
20 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/tex/texlive-migration-guide.xml
21 >
22 > - --
23 > ABCD
24
25 Thanks for checking. No I don't have tetex installed. I have just
26 installed gentoo on a laptop and use texlive only.
29 Valmor