From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sonic-Visualiser compile error
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 16:44:30
1 Mr Cramer, you replied in private email, but your blacklist bounced/dropped my
2 consequent reply. Replying on-list:
3
4 On Saturday 31 January 2009 18:07:02 you wrote:
5 > But emerge tolds me:
6 >
7 > emerge -pv rasqual
8 >
9 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
10 >
11 > Calculating dependencies... done!
12 >
13 > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "rasqual".
14
15 There is a typo: just drop the extra 'u'. It's just rasqal, like you used it
16 correctly here below:
17
18 > while qsearch says:
19 >
20 > qsearch rasqal
21 > dev-libs/rasqal library that handles Resource Description Framework (RDF)
22 >
23 > Before I screw up my system:
24 > Is there something more fundamental damaged?
25
26 This is the spot where I think FEATURES="buildpkg" should be
27 mentioned. It will help you roll back the old binaries should
28 something bad happen. It is mentioned on the list regularly by many
29 posters, most of them more experienced with it than I am. :)
30
31 Still, I don't think upgrading rasqal should cause major havoc. Worst
32 thing that happened to this box was that openoffice and soprano wanted
33 to be re-emerged. So just some automated extra compiling, no big deal
34 for me. YMMV
35
36 > Or does rasqal only exists as unstable ebuild (reading your posting
37 > I would tend to answer this with "NO" ...
38
39 0.9.10 has been stable on Gentoo for nearly three years according to
40 /usr/portage/dev-libs/rasqal/ChangeLog
41
42 The newer versions have had some bugs reported, but they have been
43 fixed. You can look them up in bugs.gentoo.org if you're worried.
46 Arttu V.