From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any glaring use flags here
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 13:13:38
1 On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 22:53:10 -0600, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > This machine is been prepped to be a sort of DMZ machine, but not
4 > more wannabe than really since it will not route stuff to my home lan
5 > at all... just be the recipient of all blocked stuff at an upsteam
6 > NETGEAR firewall/router.
7 >
8 > I would like an opinion about the USE flags I keep in /etc/make.conf
9 >
10 > USE="mysql emacs mbox hal acpi logrotate vga nptl nptlonly \
11 > -ipv6 -imap -maildir -gnome -X -kde"
12
13 It depends on the profile you use, since that affects the defaults
14 for flags not set/unset in /etc. Which profile are you using, hopefully a
15 server one, and what does "emerge --info show". The output from emerge
16 --info shows the actual USE flags that will be used, which will be far
17 too many if you are using a desktop profile.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 "I heard Tasha Yar is the Enterprise's expert on Data entry."