From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] spoof mac address
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 22:44:35
1 On 09/10/13 22:48, Mick wrote:
2 >On Tuesday 10 Sep 2013 22:38:35 Joseph wrote:
3 >> My connection to my provider is kind of slow, so they suggested I connect
4 >> one of the box directly to the cable modem. Since I have a dynamic IP
5 >> (that hardly ever changes), I'll disconnect the router and configure one
6 >> of my box to the same mac address has router eth0 has and connect it to
7 >> the mode.
8 >
9 >You would normally also need to authenticate onto your ISP's network, a
10 >function previously performed by the modem. Unless you connect a router
11 >behind the modem to do the PPPoE authentication you will need to do this at
12 >the PC.
15 >> This should ensure that my IP will not change.
16 >
17 >There is a possibility that you will pick up a new IP address if your
18 >connection resync's.
21 >> All I want to do is to run a test speed from: testmy.net
22 >
23 >I will be *really* surprised if you see a difference in speed in any way
24 >attributable to the change you want to implement at the modem.
25 >
26 >--
27 >Regards,
28 >Mick
29
30 I just changed the MAC and I got the same IP from the shaw modem but you are correct the speed did not improved I got only 4Mbps down.
33 Joseph