From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrading to gcc 4.1: emerge -e world required?
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 15:36:24
1 On Fri, 26 May 2006 17:12:20 +0200, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2
3 > but one might want to have the libstdc++ and libgcj installed that
4 > came with the compiler for the case that C++/Java programs should
5 > continue to run. So "quickpkg"ing the old GCC is probably not a bad
6 > idea until revdep-rebuild took care of those apps and libs.
7
8 It would be wiser to leave GCC 3.4 installed for now, until all the
9 wrinkles have been ironed out from 4.1. gcc-config means having them both
10 installed and switching at will is easy.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 "I am a Cub Ranger. We dib dib dib for the One. We dob dob dob for the
17 One."