From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kernel "File not found"
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 18:29:04
1 I just finished a re-install of my laptop to get multilib working and
2 grub apparently can't find the kernel this time. I've tried grub and
3 grub-static. I get this:
4
5 root (hd0,0)
6 Filesystem type is ext2fs, partition type 0x83
7 kernel /boot /kernel-2.6.22-hardened-r8 root: /dev/sda3
8 Error 15: File not found
9
10 I'm using all of the config files that were working perfectly on the
13 The only things out of the ordinary are:
14
15 1. I forgot to copy the kernel into the boot partition the first time
16 I rebooted and got this same error. I booted the LiveCD again and
17 copied it over after mounting /dev/sda3 and /dev/sda1. I thought for
18 sure that would fix it but no. I've verified that the correctly named
19 kernel file is in /mnt/gentoo/boot when /dev/sda1 is mounted.
20 grub.conf is from my previous install and references the kernel file
21 correctly.
22
23 2. I used -fforce-addr in make.conf this time even though I don't know
24 what it does because it was included in the default make.conf.
25
26 Any ideas?
27
28 - Grant