From: Michael Crute <mcrute@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fonts in Firefox-bin
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:34:34
1 On 11/11/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 > In an regular email I get from Apple a number of characters show up
5 > as little boxes that say "00 93" and "00 94". In the following quote
6 > the quotes at 'launching' and the quote at the end are bad until I
7 > paste it into GMail which seems to take care of it. The two quotes at
8 > the beginning are fine.
9 >
10 > In "Hands-on with Aperture," David Schloss (pdnonline) offers a fairly
11 > detailed overview of the application Apple expects to ship later this
12 > month. Aperture, says Schloss, is "launching out of the gate with more
13 > features and functionality than anything else to date. With Aperture,
14 > Apple has the ability to bring a whole new level of sophistication to
15 > the post-production market place."
16 >
17 > 1) This is a font issue, right?
18 >
19 > 2) If so, how do I determine what Apple's HTML is looking for?
20 >
21 > 3) Generally, what fonts do folks load to get the best results on this
22 > stuff?
23 >
24 > Thanks,
25 > Mark
28 I ran into this same issue only for me it was with Asian characters. I
29 re-compiled X with the cjk (multi-byte characters) use flag and everything
30 works perfectly now. I would try that first (even though re-compiling X is a
31 long painful process).
32
33 -Mike
37 Michael E. Crute
38 Software Developer
39 SoftGroup Development Corporation
40
41 Linux takes junk and turns it into something useful.
42 Windows takes something useful and turns it into junk.