From: BRM <bm_witness@×××××.com>
To: Users Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Laptop Lid Close...
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 01:24:14
1 I'm running a Dell D600, and I've located a number of tools for it but I am not seeing anything related to when I close the lid. Since I got Gentoo running on it, the Monitor continues running when I close the lid.
2
3 I've found several sources for doing something as an ACPI event, which seems to be the right method. I can toggle the button with the lid open and cat /etc/acpi/button/lid/LID/state and see it change between 'open' and 'closed'; and I know I could write myself a little script do something like calling radeontool to turn off the backlight, but I'd like to find a more official method.
4
5 I mostly run KDE 3.5 (I'll go to KDE4 when I can...once portage 2.2 comes out and all), but I didn't see anything for a 'turn off monitor on lid close' setting (preferrably root controlled so that it affects all users). The only thing I can find is a the standby/suspend/shutdown/logoff, system performance, and CPU throttling. I don't really want to do any of that - just put the monitor into stand-by, not necessarily the whole system.
6
7 Any how...I'd really like to get this working.
8
9 TIA,
10
11 Ben