From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [ot General Textmode q]
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 21:37:59
1 I use a laptop with one of those touch pads you use for a mouse where
2 you drag your finger around on it and have two buttons for left and
3 right mouse.
4
5 Can any one tell me how to copy with mouse (really the left mouse
6 button provided on the touchpad) but paste from keyboard while in text
7 (console) mode? Or using the touch pad thing somehow. I've tried
8 pressing both touchpad buttons at once to emulate middle mouse but it
9 has no effect.
10
11 So I'm thinking there must be a way from the keyboard to release the
12 copied string.... someway to `paste' whatever is currently in the copy
13 buffer or clipboard or whatever it is when you hightlight something in
14 the terminal with left mouse drag.
15
16 If I hook a real mouse to the laptop.. I can do the normal linux stuff
17 all with mouse.. highlight with left mouse button drag (in a terminal)
18 and paste the highlighted string with middle mouse.
19
20 So again, how can I effect the above with only the keyboard for pasting
21 or alternatively the touchpad? (The touchpad and two button apparatus
22 built into the laptop)
23
24 I notice on a windows OS what ever is highlighted anywhere with the
25 mouse can be pasted with C-v. Is there a similar keyboard combo in
26 linux (text) terminal mode?