From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How am I supposed to block the KDE update?
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:05:39
1 On 03/14/2017 06:34 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Eek. That's not nice. You have masked frameworks-5.32.0 and plasma-5.9.3
3 > packages (presumably you got all of them), and you missed something in
4 > the huge chain that needs one or more of them.
5
6 Oops, you are absolutely correct. In fact, what I didn't mask is
7 =kde-frameworks/plasma-5.32.0-r1.
8
9 And here's the funny part: I specifically only masked =*/*-5.32.0
10 instead of ~*/*-5.32.0 so that I'll know when the bug gets potentially
11 fixed; it would result in this exact kind of breakage I got, reminding
12 me to try the update again.
13
14 So I'll be trying the update again to see if the plasma revbumb is there
15 to actually fix the desktop again. (The issue was that hovering over
16 icons or other items would highlight them but they would stay
17 highlighted forever even after the mouse moved somewhere else or even if
18 you click somewhere else. So everything would be full of highlighted icons.)
19
20 Moral of the story: more coffee before posting :-P