From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel 3.2->3.5 upgrade unusable: keyboard borked
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 20:36:32
1 On 2012-12-02, Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Dec 02, 2012 at 08:06:43AM +0000, Mick wrote:
3 >>
4 >> You can check if rc-update -s -v | grep numlock (or rc-status -s | grep
5 >> numlock) shows it being set, otherwise add it to see if this makes a
6 >> difference.
7 >
8 > Though there is no /etc/conf.d/numlock, Mick's post caused me to read
9 > /etc/init.d/numlock ... interesting. So if your "rc-update -s -v | grep
10 > numlock" shows numlock but no runlevel,
11
12 The numlock "service" is not enabled for any runlevel.
13
14 > you can determine from the aforementioned file how it got turned on.
15
16 Can you explain a bit? I've looked at that file, and I still don't see
17 how it's getting turned on.
18
19 I can ssh into the machine and use "setleds" to turn it off to get the
20 keyboard back into a usable state. I suppose I could create an
21 "unnumlock" rc script and enable that for all runlevels. But I'd much
22 rather the keyboard's default state was usable...
23
24 I've grep'ed the 3.5.7 kernel .config file for numlock, numeric,
25 keypad, and a half-dozen other similar strings, and have found
26 nothing.
29 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Did an Italian CRANE
30 at OPERATOR just experience
31 gmail.com uninhibited sensations in
32 a MALIBU HOT TUB?