From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System Suspend...kind of OT
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 20:56:47
1 James Colby wrote:
2 > On 6/1/06, Anthony E. Caudel <acaudel@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> When Windows _SUSPENDS_ (we're not talking hibernate right?), it never
5 >> relaay stops running. It shuts down the display and the hard drives and
6 >> sort of goes to sleep. So when you "power" back up, it simply resumes.
7 >> It does not reboot.
8 >>
9 >> Tony
10 >>
11 >> --
14 > Tony -
15 > The option that I choose in windows is stand-by. Is there another
16 > option that I can enable for hibernate. Would hibernate give me what
17 > I'm looking for.
18 >
19 > Thanks for the help,
20 > James
21 Try pressing shift at that screen and see if standby changes to
22 hibernate. If not search windows help for information on setting up
23 hibernate.
24
25 Tony
28 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
29 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
30 -- Benjamin Franklin
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list