From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lvm problem(s)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:50:56
1 On 6/16/09, Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >>> FWIW only one device, the SD card, can't be found and it is listed
3 >>> about 20 times in the boot console before the LVM gives up.
4 >>
5 >> Is everything needed to use the SD card compiled into the kernel? As it
6 >> works after everything is loaded, I suspect not. Look for anything
7 >> relevant in the output of lsmod after the system loads and the card is
8 >> working, then either add those modules to the autoload file, or build
9 >> them into the kernel.
10 >
11 > One step forward, two steps back. The missing module is mmc_block
12 > which I added to the file /etc/conf.d/modules(I upgraded to
13 > baselayout-2 thinking this would help). Did no good. I see dm-mod and
14 > mmc_block getting loaded alright and then just after 'Setting up the
15 > Logical Volume Manager':
16 >
17 > Locking type 1 initialisation failed
18 > Couldn't find devices with uuid etc...
19 >
20 > mw
21 >
22 Come to think of it, it couldn't have been the module. Old udev loaded
23 it automatically, it was there all the time, I could still mount the
24 volumes by hand. Now that i've 'migrated' have to specify the module
25 in the new modules file or modprobe it manually. But I can still mount
26 the volumes and execute commands.
27
28 mw