From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: amd64 installation: which file system?
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 01:31:24
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Howdy,
5 >>
6 >> I did a install of Mandriva recently and found out this bit of info. If
7 >> you have frequent power failures and no UPS, do NOT use XFS. It was a
8 >> nightmare to get back up because of things not getting started again and
9 >> I just reinstalled Mandriva with reiserfs. It worked very well with
10 >> Reiserfs but XFS was not something I want to try on that machine again
11 >> for sure.
14 > Yes, it's well known that XFS sucks with unexpected power loss, Reiser
15 > and JFS less so. ext3 remains the most reliable filesystem.
16 >
17 > Thanks,
18 > Donnie
21 It was fast though. It seemed to do well on that but no power failures
22 is a must to be sure. At least now I know it was not just picking on
23 me. Things usually do that.
24
25 Dale
26