From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recovering kalarm data
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:10:12
1 On 6/25/06, Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
3 > > Killing *all* kalarm* processes required root priv.
4 >
5 > You've apparently been logged in to KDE as root once, or done other
6 > weird stuff as root. You may wish to look through /root/.kde* for
7 > things to salvage, and then delete it all. And look through ~/.kde
8 > for files with root ownership (cd ~/.kde; find . -user root).
9
10 You're quite right. I hadn't realized it, but I was apparently root when
11 I was exploring this before: I found that missing alarm that I entered
12 when the alarms didn't show up. So it was operator error all along --
13 if I had just been my usual self, everything would have been normal.
14 I had been working as root a lot to rebuild KDE, and just lost track, I
15 guess. My bad.
16
17 Sorry for the excitement. Thanks for the help.
18
19 Everything is normal again.
22 > When you now log back in to KDE (as user, of course), is there again
23 > a kalarmd process owned by root?
24 >
25 > > > Press F1, read chapters 5 and 7.
26 >
27 > What I meant here, of course, is to press F1 while in the Kalarm
28 > window. :)
29 >
30 > Benno
31 > --