From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev and usb stick/hdd
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 07:25:55
1 Am Samstag, 21. Juli 2007 schrieb Aleksey V. Kunitskiy:
2 > On Saturday 21 July 2007 17:15, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
3 > > Yes. See http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html
4 >
5 > Big thanks Dirk
6 >
7 > > It seems vfat doesn't have a "sync" mount option. For ntfs-3g I don't
8 > > know.
9 >
10 > That's a pitty. It's a big problem for me when I write data to flash disk
11 > and I need to flush data frequently.
12
13 Hmm, why is this a problem? As long as you always umount before pulling the
14 USB stick your data will be save. You may also try to sync manually.
15
16 Bye...
17
18 Dirk