From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB2 ethernet - ASIX Chip - Conn OK when tcpdump'ing, Not OK during normal
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 02:09:53
1 On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 11:24 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2 > Anyone here has this particular usb ethenet? Got it cheap in Fry's
3 > (USD2.99)
4 > Been giving me headache.
5 >
6 > usbnet gets loaded, but the connection see-saws between getting 30mbps
7 > to 0mbps (transferring a large file)
8 >
9 > it makes my nfs/cifs shares goes bonkers.
10 >
11 > Any good experiences with these Airlink parts? (they recently have
12 > airlink gigabit pci adapters going for USD5.99)
15 Investigating further, there's a weird behaviour. I tried to do a
16 tdpdump to determine if there's any packets getting through the usbnet,
17 when I did that, the adapter starts behaving and I'm able to ping and
18 also able to transfer large amounts of files w/ no problem (with good
19 speed too).
20
21 Any ideas?
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list