From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] genkernel, mounting /usr and dmraid
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 23:29:10
1 On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM, Keith Dart <keith@×××××××××.biz> wrote:
2 > Dear Gentoo Users,
3 >
4 > I've got the situation where I need to pre-mount /usr. I was already
5 > using dmraid and genkernel to make in initramfs so that's not a real
6 > big deal. However, I now get the following in the console when booting:
7 >
8 > -------------
9 > /lib/udev/write_root_link_rule: line 17: udevadm: command not
10 > found /etc/init.d/udev: line 74: udevadm: command not
11 > found /etc/init.d/udev: line 74: udevadm: command not
12 > found
13 >  * Starting
14 > udev ... /lib/udev/udevd: error while loading shared libraries:
15 > libkmod.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
16 > directory
17 >  * start-stop-daemon: failed to start
18 > `/lib/udev/udevd'
19 >  * Failed to start
20 > udev [ !!
21 > ]
22 >  * ERROR: udev failed to start
23 > --------------
24 >
25 > Yet after it boots up completely the udevd seems to be running fine. I
26 > suspect this comes from some init scripts from the initrd.
27 >
28 > The udev elog also has this:
29 >
30 > -------
31 > │If you build an initramfs including udev, then
32 > please
33 > │ │make sure that the /usr/bin/udevadm binary gets
34 > included,
35 > -------
36 >
37 > Which I guess is the problem. But my question is how to get the udevadm
38 > binary included in the initramfs? I can't find any docs anywhere that
39 > explain how to do that.
40
41 I don't use genkernel, but have you tried dracut? Just add dmraid to
42 MODULES_DRACUT, and try to generate an initramfs with dracut -H.
43 dracut takes care of everything udev related. If it doesn't work, at
44 least is not much effort.
45
46 Regards.
47 --