From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Back in the soup [circular mask problem]
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:22:36
1 I've hit this problem before but never did have to get it sorted
2 because the package I was after was actually installed already.
3
4 I'm installing amaya by hand since the ebuild fails and its pretty old
5 anyway.
6
7 I need Mesa libs onboard (its not mandatory ) so looking at partage
8 for mesa libs I find:
9 media-libs/mesa [ Masked ]
10 Latest version available: 6.4.2-r1
11 Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
12 Size of downloaded files: 8,534 kB
13 Homepage: http://mesa3d.sourceforge.net/
15 License: LGPL-2
16
17 Ok, so far so good. I'm running iwth ~x86 enabled in /etc/make.conf
18 so this should work.. I'm thinking.... but it doesn't
19
20 root # emerge -vp media-libs/mesa
21 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
22 Calculating dependencies
23 !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "media-libs/mesa" have been masked.
24 !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete
25 your request:
26 - media-libs/mesa-6.4.2-r1 (masked by: package.mask)
27 # Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> (07 Aug 2005)
28 # Modularized X, upstream release candidates
29
30 And the advice:
31 For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
32 page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
35 Ok, Its the only ebuild available ....
36 and following that advice for ever will not explain how to get aroud
37 this circular masking problem.
38
39 Its probably simple enough but not apparent to me.
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list