From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bloated by gcc
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 15:10:19
1 On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Marc Stürmer <mail@×××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Am 28.09.2014 10:44, schrieb Jorge Almeida:
3 >
4 >> I'm having a somewhat disgusting issue on my Gentoo: binaries are
5 >> unaccountably large.
8 > Really? Who cares. Storage is so cheap nowadays, that that kind of "bloat"
9 > simply doesn't matter on normal deskop computers anymore.
10 >
11 > Embedded systems though are a different cup of coffee.
12 >
13 I care, that's why I wrote to this list. What I don't care about is
14 your opinions, no more than you care about mine. Feel free to start a
15 thread about whatever you find
16 important/interesting/cool/shining/modern. Bye.