From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge starts slowly
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:51:52
1 On 12/14/05, Justin Krejci <jus@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > When I run "emerge -s whatever" or "emerge sync" or any emerge command
3 > apparently, it usually takes about 1 second to start the command on the AMD64
4 > system whereas on the Athlon-XP system it usually takes about 10-30 seconds
5 > fore the command to start. What I mean by that is for example
8 You can try something like:
9
10 strace -tt -f -o /tmp/strace.out emerge -s tcpdump
11
12 Then look at /tmp/strace.out and see what kind of system call is being
13 made that is taking so long to complete.
14
15 -Richard
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list