From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network collisions
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:29:31
1 On 04 October 2005 07:28, Dave Oxley wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I have two Gentoo machines (specified as Server and Client for ease).
5 > The server networking is working fine, but the client cannot receive
6 > without lots of collisions. The speeds I get are:
7 > Server -> Client (i.e. receive) 170.3Kb/sec
8 > Client -> Server (i.e. transmit) 7.383Mb/sec
9 > The cards of both machines are running half duplex. If I try to force
10 > them to full duplex with (ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg
11 > off) then all I get is errors in ifconfig. The module used for
12 > networking on the client is 8139too. Can anybody help me with this?
13
14 Replace the client's NIC.
15
16 Uwe
19 95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
20 developers. - Linus Torvalds
21
22 http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)
23 --