From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cdrtools incomplete?
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 01:23:49
1 On 5/6/07, Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca> wrote:
2 > 070506 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
3 > > I'm trying to burn a CD for the first time in a long while.
4 > > It's not going well. I've got cdrtools-2.01.01-alpha10 installed.
5 > > The description says it includes cdrecord, but I cannot find it.
6 > > Moreover, K3B fails because it can't start cdrecord either.
7 >
8 > root: root> emerge -pv cdrtools
9 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
10 > [ebuild R ] app-cdr/cdrtools-2.01.01_alpha10 USE="unicode" 0 kB
11 > root: root> which cdrecord
12 > /usr/bin/cdrecord
13 >
14 > I always use Xcdroast as front-end when writing CDs : it's reliable.
17 xcdroast is going to have the same problem if there's no cdrecord.
18
19 I am re-emerging cdrtools, although equery shows it's already installed.
20 Maybe cdrecord got clobbered somehow.
23 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list